Master of Social Work (MSW) – Online Degree:
UNE MSW Online. The University of New England’s online Masters in social work program is designed to give working professionals the opportunity to earn an MSW in a more flexible format. The program is 100% online, and courses are asynchronous and taken one at a time. The online MSW program also allows field placement to be done in the student’s local area, with the guidance and approval of their field advisor.
UNE Online Masters Degree in Social Work highlights:
- Multiple concentrations offered
- CSWE accredited
- Courses 100% online
- Two tracks available: Traditional and Advanced Standing
- US News & World Report has recognized UNE as one of the “Best Universities” in the North
- UNE is regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Read More
- Asynchronous courses, taken one at a time
- Accepting qualified students from all over the country and internationally
A Social Work Degree with Options. Whether you already have your social work degree, or are looking to start a new career, our online social work degree features two tracks, traditional and advanced standing, that provide an advanced education suited to your skill level. UNE’s online MSW can help you obtain social work licensure, help advance your career, and create a positive and lasting impact on others. The Master’s Degree in Social Work that is offered online by UNE’s School of Social Work is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), the sole accrediting agency for social work education in the country.
Wanting to Start a Career in Social Work? If you’re looking to start your career in social work and do not have a Bachelors in Social Work (BSW) or the necessary career experience in the field of social work than the Traditional Track is designed for you. The Traditional Track provides students with a solid foundation in the history, theory, and principles behind social work before addressing the more advanced social work curriculum.
Advanced Practice Social Work. If you are have earned a bachelor’s degree from a CSWE accredited program within the last 7 and are looking to advance your knowledge of social work the Advanced Standing Track is the right option. It’s a comprehensive master’s level education that focuses on the complex topics in the field of social work such as the impact of material disadvantage, social exclusion, adverse childhood experiences, and psychosocial development on families and individuals
Looking to Become a Licensed Social Worker? All states require social workers to have licensing, certification, or registration. The University of New England’s Master of Social Work online option is accredited by the Council for Social Work Education (CSWE), it is the sole accrediting agency for social work education in the country. The program combined with CSWE accreditation is an excellent way to prepare for licensure and advanced practice, on your schedule.
What Should You Look for in an Online MSW Degree Program? There are many factors you must consider when looking to pursue an online MSW degree. The University of New England’s School of Social Work recognizes this, and has designed a master’s degree in social work online option, specifically to prepare social workers to take the next step in their practice. With the same education provided by our on campus program, but delivered online, the UNE Master of Social Work online option is an advanced degree that will help you become a leader in the world of social work.
- Experience – The University of New England’s Master of Social Work builds on more than 20 years of experience in delivering an advanced social work education. Providing the same education as our on-campus master’s degree program, the online option from UNEs School of Social Work features direct interaction with a faculty of industry experienced social work professionals.
- A Comprehensive Education – Two unique tracks allow the Master of Social Work program at UNE to accommodate both students with an existing bachelor’s degree in social work, and those without. Each track provides students with a tailored educational experience designed to cover the basic and advanced topics suited to their social work skill level. New students to the field will being with an education designed to bring them up to speed quickly and thoroughly, while more advanced students can immediately tackle the advanced practice, theory, and procedure.
- Accreditation is Important – Accreditation ensures that your education meets the rigorous standards imposed by the US Department of Education. UNE holds two important accreditations. Regional accreditation from the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) guarantees that UNE meets educational standards, and that your degree and credits will transfer between institutions. School of Social Work Accreditation from the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) makes sure that UNE meets high standards that can optimality prepare students for licensure as a social worker.
- A Clear Mission – The University of New England School of Social Work embraces a vision of sustainable, equitable, diverse communities committed to universal human rights and social and economic justice. From this perspective, health is identified as physical, emotional, social and spiritual well-being. UNE is committed to educating a diverse range of professional social workers that can apply their knowledge in practice and help create richer, healthier lives.
Why A Masters Degree in Social Work? Social work is a profession for individuals with a strong desire to help improve people’s lives. Social workers assist people by helping them cope with a wide assortment of issues ranging from problems in their everyday lives, to dealing with their relationships, personal, and family problems, disability, health issues, social problems, substance abuse, unemployment, housing, domestic conflicts, and child or spousal abuse. Social workers also play a more administrative role in health and government, championing social justice, conducting research, lobbing for improved social services, designing social systems, and developing policy.
Many professionals are drawn to social work by personal causes, and find their niche specializing in a unique type of practice. An advanced degree in social work can help you find your place as a professional social worker, prepare you for licensure, and open the door to different types of practice.
About University of New England. Located in southeast Maine, UNE is a campus-based institution with a rich history of academic excellence since its establishment in 1831. The University of New England has both an on-campus MSW program as well as an online MSW option, both of which are open to students from a variety of educational backgrounds.