Health & Wellness Resources for Social Workers
- Cancer Center Social Worker: Christy Bullman interviews a staff social worker at the St. Agnes cancer center and comes out with valuable advice for social workers.
- Association of Oncology Social Work: Current news, resources and research for psychosocial care of cancer patients and families.
- How to help: A brief look at the areas of where an oncology social worker can be essential in the care of cancer patients.
- Social Work and Cancer Research: Explores the advancements needed in social work cancer research.
- National Association of Social Workers: Resources for social workers and their clients and families.
- Genetics and Social Work: An examination of the lack of Biophilia in Social Work.
- Help Starts Here: Explores how social workers help couples that have suffered from pregnancy loss.
- Role in Genetics: A comprehensive look at a social workers role in genetic counseling.
- Social Work: A guide to how social workers can help children of parents with mental illness.
- Promoting Resiliency: A North Carolina social workers’ support guide to helping families overcome hardships.
- Genetic Counseling: Genetic counseling resources from UKMC.
Death & Dying
- Grief in Older Adults: An instructional module for recognizing and implementing interventions for older adults coping with loss.
- The School Social Worker: Social workers provide tips and advice for parents and teachers helping children cope with grief.
- Grief Strategies: Kenneth J. Doka explores strategies for social workers in supporting grief for patients with dementia.
- Healing Children’s Grief: Research for dealing with children’s grief.
- Research: The Center for Family Education and Resilience projects offers goals for promoting resilience in family matters.
- Social Work World: Death and dying and end of life care resources.
- Journal of Social Work in Disability & Rehabilitation: The journal publishes papers that examine research and practice of disability issues in social work.
- Approaches to Disability: A social model in developing approaches to disability.
- British Journal of Social Work: Learning disability research in social work.
- Disabilities: An examination of social work literature in supporting social workers in their interactions with persons with disabilities.
- Disability Rights: A brief synopsis of social work in the period of disability rights.
- Encouraging Healthy Lifestyles: A research article reviewing the benefits of extra learning opportunities in promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- Permanency Planning Guide: A guide to providing services for families.
- Depression: A guide to recognizing and treating depression.
- Health Lifestyle Choices: A counselor’s tool kit for promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- Healthy Women: A clinical guide to womens’ health.
- Medication Compliance: Explores the relationship between social work and the support of patients with HIV.
- Procedures: A social work factsheet for working with patients who just received positive test results.
- Social Work Practice: Explores the practice of social work in a patient’s care.
- Latinos Living with HIV/AIDS: This paper examines the relationship of social work and Latinos living with HIV or AIDS.
- Journal of HIV/AIDS & Social Services: The journal focuses on social work advancements related to HIV care.
Living with Illness
- Life Threatening Illness: A social workers role in managing chronic illness.
- Cystic Fibrosis: A social workers role in cystic fibrosis medicine.
- Helping Patients: The American Association of Kidney Patients describes how social workers can be of help to kidney patients.
- Understanding Chronic Illness: A comprehensive article focusing on understanding chronic illness.
- Nephrology Social Workers: Guidelines for social workers in the clinical field of nephrology.
- Palliative Care: An organizational model for instituting a palliative program.
- Social Workers and Pain: This interview answers critical questions on the issues of social work in pain management.
- Interventions: Describes the psychosocial therapies for cancer pain.
- Pain Psychosocial: Research article on arthritis and the effect it may have on mental health.
- Psychosocial Consequences: Explores the connection between pain and psychosocial affects.
POSTED BY: admin - May 20th, 2010 at 03:55pm ( 0 )