Resources for Sociology
For sociology students and educators, it’s always good to have relevant resources on hand when they need to research deeper into some topics or refresh their understanding on some subjects. Here are some authoritative resources on sociology.
- Age Inequality Resources: Sociology links by Allyn & Bacon of Florida State University.
- Social Gerontology & the Ageing Revolution: A lot of information and resources on the subject put up by Trinity College.
Collective Behavior and Social Movements
- Collective Behavior and Social Movements: A lengthy discourse on the topic.
- Collective Behavior: Clear and concise explanation of the term.
- Modern Social Movements: Many links to information about the most important social movements in modern times.
Criminal Justice System
- United States Department of Justice: Its official page.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service: AS resource page funded by the U.S. Department of Justice.
- The Justice System: A look at how the criminal justice system works.
- Center for Cultural Sociology: Dedicated to the study of culture in sociology.
- Cultural Studies and the Sociology of Culture: An essay by Janet Wolff on the subject of culture in sociology.
- Introduction to the Sociology of Deviance: Explains deviance, deviants, and social order.
- Sociological Theories to Explain Deviance: A look at deviance from different sociological viewpoints.
- Sociology and Substance Abuse: A study on abusive use of drugs in society.
- The Science of Drug Abuse & Addiction: Resource page on drug abuse by the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
- Drug Abuse: A lot of links on the matter.
- What is Economic Sociology: Discusses economic sociology and its impact.
- A Theoretical Agenda for Economic Sociology: A lengthy discourse on the subject by Mark Granovetter of Harvard University.
- Sociology of Education Research Guide: A resource page by Stanford University.
- The Sociology of Education Association: A group that holds conferences dedicated to the sociology of education.
- Theoretical Trends in Environmental Sociology: A study on the modern world’s effects on resource management.
- The Growth of Chinese Environmental Sociology: An essay on the development of environmental sociology in China.
- Marriage & Family Processes: Discusses the impact of families on society with links to other resources.
- Strengthening the Family: A look at families on the international level.
- Human Development & Family Sciences: A resource page by the Ohio State University.
Gender and Gender Inequality
- The Sociology of Human Sexuality: A discussion of sexuality in society.
- Gender Inequality: An essay on gender inequality in society.
- A Brief History: Discusses juvenile delinquency with links to more information.
- Medical Sociology Guide: A research guide by John Hopkins University.
- Theoretical Models in Political Sociology: A look at how different theoretical models have shaped society.
Population and Urbanization
- Demographic Transition: A historical at how population can affect the sociology of the world.
- U.S. Census Bureau: Its official site.
- Race & Ethnicity: Discusses race and ethnicity with links to more information.
- Race, Ethnicity and Inequality: A lot of links on the subject.
Social Class and Poverty
- Life Expectancy of Social Classes: A study which shows how life expectancy can vary among different social classes.
- Poverty Guidelines, Research, and Measurement: A resource page by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.
Social Structure and Interaction
- Social Structure and Kinship in Rural Mexico: Discusses how kinship and social structure affects society in rural Mexico.
- Process of Socialization: Probes into how people socialize with each other.
- Towards a Sociology of Educational Technological: Discusses the effects of technology on education and society.
- Sociological Theory: A very detailed explanation of the term.
- Social Theory: Discusses the various sociological theories.
- Theories: Many links to different sociological theories.
Violence and Abuse
- Violence & Abuse: Lots of links on the subject.
- Violence Against Women: A resource page by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.
- Sociology of Violence: A list of links to various forms of violence and abuse.
POSTED BY: admin - May 12th, 2010 at 02:26pm ( 0 )